Translate This Page

Monday, November 8, 2010

Poem by J Khat O'Brien

On Nov 5 I posted to Twitter & FB "In the wombs of our mothers 
are the seeds of our children" - unknown 
I did a google search and could not find an author.


On Nov 6th I received from my very special friend and teacher
J Khat O'Brien... she had called and had left a message
of celebrating the thinning of the veils. Traditionally this was the 
time to celebrate our ancestors, ie.; Hallow's Eve, Las Dias de Muerte
All Soul's Day, Remembrance Day, et al.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


J Khat O'Brien "called you and I think I left a message on the phone? 
not sure but I called on Oct 31st ...
had just done an ancestor's ceremony ...
and wanted to share the time/energy/sacred space

these words came to me ..."

--------------------------------------------------

I come from the womb of a woman,
a mother, my mother - and a daughter ...
and as she carried me within her womb,
inside of her, before my birth,
she also held within her
all of the seeds that she might bear in this life
potential of Life
whispers of Life - past, present and future

as it had been with her mother before her

and, myself, not yet born
into the world of both great joy and sorrow
I carried within me all the seeds that I might bear,
as she had also carried me

the child of the child of the child
the daughter of the daughter, of the mother,
of the Mother

a-ho! a-hey!
I call out to you, my Ancestors
o Wise Souls,
you watch over and guide us
holding our heritage
a journey of souls
through space and time -
through the Light

and now we light the lights!
burn bright, candles!
light the way!
and place the incense just so -
alight, smoldering on,
the trails of sacred smoke
wafting up and around the
sacred space -
making the place
for our Ancestors to come

we leave a tall glass of spring water for you,
for you have traveled far,
and you have hunger and thirst

soon, we'll prepare you a meal
a feast for our Ancestors

our souls are fed by love
our souls are fed by trust
our souls are fed by beauty

place the bowl of nut meats
place the bowl of sugar treats
the Ancestors are coming!

----------
an ancestors song
j khat o'brien
written 31st october mmx

No comments:

Post a Comment