Translate This Page

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

latest work... a progressing transformation note 1



... is a piece I've started on a paper from Nepal made by the paper maker sandwiching two sheets of Lotka (Daphne bohlua) papers onto a jute Corchorus spp string infrastructure. The Daphne bohlua flowering shrub's inner bark is used commonly in Nepal for paper making. Medicinally the plant is used as a bitter, febrifuge and purgative. If there is a relation/connection to using this medicinal plant in my artwork I will let you know after I puke! A question coming to mind is was it first used as a medicinal or for paper making. Often when working with plant material one absorbs the medicinal properties through the skin. The grid allows me continuity in exploring the work I was doing with my Weave and WebhGround Series. The string relates to string theory more literally than how I picture the string transversing the universe!



2 comments: