Translate This Page

Monday, November 22, 2010

from a sketch with porcelain tiles





As an idea develops in making art. Perhaps first came the realization many years ago that I was seeing "the wave" in the landscape. A mountain, a row of trees, a field, laying before me like a giant wave approaching. My interest and studies in energetic waves from radio waves to the wave of joy that spreads through our body as we accept it. The waves of a fever coming in through our neck as a virus invades. The waves of a vision manifesting... The understandings came together and I began intentionally painting the wave. The "Into the Waves Series", over a period of a few years developed. One day sitting on the toilet I looked down at the tiles on the floor and experienced what I call a Wholy Shit experience. There were the waves in the tiles, figuratively. Immediately popped into mind "rubbings" and the sketching began. A succession of doing, seeing more, and acting on the wave as it came through me figuratively and energetically.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. A friend of mine also had a similar experience with bathroom floor tiles, but I believe magic mushrooms were involved. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, must have been a flashback!, its been years!

    ReplyDelete