Translate This Page

Friday, November 12, 2010

Chilly Morning w/Sun


      Chilly Morning w/Sun                            ©Greg Patch


Am a member of the online Artist Marketing Resources group the conversation was on how we became and put ourselves out being an artist. This was my response...
"I was the kid in school who the teacher asked to help them draw the maps on the blackboard. It was just something I did. I get butterflies in my stomach every time just before I show. I try to look at it as a positive excitement experience. Sometimes I get the same butterflies just before I go to work on a piece before me. I'll put some music on and the rhythm helps disperse the butterflies. Looking back at it I think realizing that it is not just one leap, but, a series of leaps and bounds, and plateaus [and perilous caverns] helps me to keep things in perspective. And cherishing that I still have a long way to go helps to keep it alive..."


In another conversation in the group this quote from Oscar Wilde; "The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple." is appropriate here.

No comments:

Post a Comment