Translate This Page

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Emerging work...





This piece from cardboard packing material grows into itself as a piece of art as I re iterated in pencil the existing patterns described by its own nature. The emergence of human, animal and organic imagery adds to its liveliness. Its spirit speaks as I speak to it...


This also from cardboard packing material is a sketch evolving (isn't that what art is?) dances upon the table. Work nearing completion on my WebhGround Series seasons in the background w/water for the trip. Its liveliness begins emerging as a moving being thru, transformation from packing material to art through geometrics, placement and the intrinsic organic form of the cardboard. That and the nice organic wood surface of the table top. Is this a feast cooking?! When I stopped working in wood, corten steel and cardboard in the late 70's I was using my forms to describe movement across landscapes, through windows, doorways, etc. Those pieces were lifely in this way, ahhhhh, an old friend emerging...

No comments:

Post a Comment