Translate This Page

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

more on new work


since starting this piece a few days ago the topic "infinite" has been coming up for me talking and listening with others. How do you pick a healer to work with? The possibilities are infinite. How do you get to the right posture in yoga? There are infinite possibilities. The weather? Again, within certain seasonal expectations, infinite. Brushstroke?, breast stroke?, stroke?, sitting quietly?, ... 
                                   ∞
I started the layering of color blocking areas left to right, then top left to bottom left, right to left, etc. That got tired for me, rushed, static art, frozen fingers, wrists, arms, a pain in the neck and a dead battery in my camera, indigestion, etc. With all the possibilities manifesting I began realizing this infinite topic reoccuring thing and swung into swirling infinite signs flowing all over, trying to stay on the 22" x 30" paper with out creating static edges, honoring the irregular bevel of of the papermaker and my own liveliness. This is it. 
Will be away from this new work for a few days. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment