Translate This Page

Thursday, October 21, 2010

poetry


Today I spotted a male Loon in my back yard, the Atlantic Ocean. It left before I could grab my camera. In a flash. Reminding me to post this poem I wrote a few years ago before migrating south for the winter myself. Now here, I have the migrating Loon to let me know cooler weather is slowly/in a flash moving down the globe with each setting Sun. I will get time to photo the male Loon as he hunts/forages his winter diet and include more on these beautiful ancient creatures migrating story. It remembers us more. In the meantime...


flash, flash

troubles seem so far away,
lifetimes come streaming by.
this moment, recorded in nanoseconds,
in a sparkling flash, flash and back again.
the details of the flash are succinct, so real, and as if days, years, lifetimes,
of that moment
were a living part of its reality.
seldom do I remember such a fall,
the leaves are in full blossom,
a quiet buzz of colors exploding
out of the blue skies.
I crave.
In one sheet of hard, cold
wind and rain
lay the skeletal limbs of
maple, oak, beech, and
horse chestnut
on yellow violet skies.
In a week I’ll fly to the sky
with the geese for warmer grounds,
in a flash.

©Greg Patch 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment