Translate This Page

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Atlas Shrugged I/We can't afford the luxury of that fantasy.




                                        
                                   Atlas Shrugged   I/We can't afford the luxury of that fantasy.    
                                   7 3/4" x 3 3/4" x 3"    
                                   Beeswax & natural pigment on found brick & mortar
                                   2010


This piece sat on my porch for a couple years as a washed up brick & mortar. Originally it spoke to me as a work of art by nature. Then I began to see images coming out of it. 3 Rising Orbs tickled my fancy for a few months. I brought it inside to my studio and had it on my table to listen more closely. Then I saw Atlas, shrugging, and saying to me we must be with Earth, Gaia. If not, well, we are a shrug away.
This comes comes along with a week of intense yoga shoulder asanas to work/play the shrug out of my shoulders!

No comments:

Post a Comment