Translate This Page

Wednesday, October 8, 2014



two views of the finished traditional egg tempera "Catskills with the Five Seasons"...
 the mural, a 20" x 171" trapezoidal sets on the surface, latex painted wallboard, of a ceiling recess. I used a traditional egg tempera method of using this medium with fresh organic eggs and Earth ochre pigments. I'm working from photo shots, charcoal sketches done of the Catskill Mountains from Olana, Google maps and my own experiential of living and interacting consciously with the Catskills' energetics for over 40 years. I used the ridge lines of the range as a continuous horizontal structural and rhythmic mark, incorporated the 5 seasons to a year perspective and didn't fall off the ladder while in trance...
~enThanks All~
for earlier blog entry of the work in progess:
http://gregpatch.blogspot.com/2014/09/ive-been-working-on-mural-for-my-son-in.html



No comments:

Post a Comment