Translate This Page

Monday, June 24, 2013

Gathered Stinging Nettles Urtica dioica sp. on Solstice morning and here it is hanging briefly before I set in the darkness of a dry shed. In gathering I allowed it to sting me with its acidic virtues into a two day itch for my joints, bones and kidneys. The itch and swelling time can be an indication of ones' needs for the healing powers of this fine herb. I've had more intense reactions in previous years so I'm happily not scratching, grin...
The energetics of Summer Solstice and the perigee Full Moon in Capricorn instill me with Belief!, caring for others within the family circle and outward, and strengthening my own knees/needs...


One of my teachers and a good friend is Ryan Drum. Check out       http://www.ryandrum.com/wildcrafting.htm to read his articles on wildcrafting Stinging Nettles and other medicinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment