Translate This Page

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"multiple mutable" 11/7/12


"multiple mutable" 11/7/12

is dismantled and semi sorted at this stage. The photo above is of three of the larger pieces, in the background are one 22" x 30" x 5" and on top a slightly smaller foundational. They were each in my thinking throughout the process of "multiple mutable" of being a whole work integrating with each other and working independently on their own.

 In the foreground a triptych that I'll apply a whey-polyurethane. Reverse the triptych in the photo visually and it is laid out as I intend for it to be hung. (25" x 28" x 1 1/2"). Through the process I saw each piece as a separate work. During the first dismantlement I began to consider the two longer pieces on recycled 1" pine boards as a diptych and the rounded rectangle (14" x 8" x 1 12")as independent. While dismantled I placed the three leaning against the cabinet together to dry & eye. This morning laid out together I saw them as one work...

Below are parts semi sorted on my studio table. There enfolding will emerge through re-arranging, considerations and decision making. Already some work complete, perhaps..


No comments:

Post a Comment