Translate This Page

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

moss garden


Moss growing in the cracks of the concrete steps in the backyard is where I harvested for "life is good waiting for moss to grow" and "spiral fan".  Wanting to tend the moss as a wild environment I carefully selected the moss I harvested, less than 25% of the colony, leaving most in place so to continue its growth here. In the early stages with my experimenting using moss growing in a yogurt culture in my painting I also want to have access to this moss in the future. In the finished pieces the moss/yogurt hasn't taken due to my stopping watering the moss. I'm satisfied for now with the textures, form and the energy of the moss/yogurt with the two paintings. There's a certain expectancy of life in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment