Translate This Page

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Anusara Yoga with Desiree Rumbaugh


Am enJoy with two 3 hr Anusara yoga workshops with Desiree Rumbaugh that I attended the 24th and 25th in Wilmington NC. Desiree brings one/all to our/their limit and gently, honestly and playfully allows one/all to move on to our next level of growth with yoga.

from her website - http://www.desireerumbaugh.com/biography.htm

About Anusara
Founded by John Friend in 1997, Anusara Yoga® is a powerful hatha yoga system that unifies a Tantric philosophy of intrinsic Goodness with Universal Principles of Alignment™. Anusara's remarkable popularity is due in large part to its uplifting philosophy, epitomized by a "celebration of the heart," that looks for the good in all people and all things. - John Friend
 
I feel blessed and fortunate to be a part of the worldwide Anusara community started by John Friend.
I had the great good fortune of meeting John in the fall of 1993. He was teaching a small workshop (25 people) in the Phoenix area and I had just moved back there (to my home town) from the LA area. He was certified in Iyengar yoga at that time and he helped me prepare and obtain my Iyengar certification in 1994. In 1997, when he founded Anusara, I chose to follow that path.
Anusara philosophy is a perfect fit for me. John has been patient and unrelenting, urging me to see my own power and light. As I have learned over the years to believe in myself and look for the good in myself and others, I have seen and experienced miracles.
I have found my true calling, traveling all over the world sharing the transformational healing power of Anusara. I am inspired everywhere I go and I have met incredible people.
Like John, my vision is to spread the word that yoga can really and truly help us as humans, to connect with our True Divine nature and thereby find real and lasting peace and even joy in life. It is my experience and opinion that no other person or thing can give us any kind of guarantee that they will always be there for us. We must develop a relationship with our higher Self----that is the only security.

I realize that hatha yoga is probably only going to be appealing to those with strong “warrior” type natures. Yet, at the same time, I have met many people who have that nature, but just don’t know how to develop it. The Anusara method of Hatha yoga is unsurpassed in its ability to reduce fear, increase personal empowerment and open people up to experiencing their uniqueness and freedom.

Because we as Anusara teachers are so rigorously trained, we are able to help those with complicated therapeutic needs. In addition, the requirements for Anusara certification require that we search ourselves deeply and completely surrender to the practice and the search for our True Self.

Teaching Anusara yoga is like throwing pebbles into a body of water. Each person who is touched at this level, in turn, reaches out through their family, friends and their work and lifts the vibration of a few others. Multiply this by hundreds of thousands and we are really making a difference in the world.




Happy Birthday Desiree!


My heart is exploding with gratitude and passion. Tonite will be going to a Full Moon Yoga celebration on the beach for a culmination of 6 yoga practices in 6 days . Each practice was 1 1/2 - 3 hrs. A most intensive week of yoga for me. Large thanks to all my teachers/students. 


Namaste within/out!

No comments:

Post a Comment