Translate This Page

Sunday, January 28, 2018




recently I’ve stepped back, looking at my life as a thread of spiraling continuum with over 50 years making art…




self portrait with Earth, Sky & Light
acrylic with canvas 18” x 24”
@1968




Purple Loosestrife
Pastel
1979




hair bun
pencil with paper
1980




wave
beeswax with Phragmites
1994



color processions
beeswax/natural pigments with Khadi Papers
5’ x 10’
2007







Lavender grid dune installation
Earth pigments with egg yolk, wheat paste, unprimed cotton duck, paper & Bamboo...
62” x 70” 
this structured piece I installed with 8 different spaces. Considered with its' materials and the space it is involved with and acknowledging what its' impermanence is is relevant with one form in separate or contrasting environments with separate or contrasting time spans...
more can be viewed with this terminating project; 

http://gregpatch.blogspot.com/2013/03/outside-or-outer-installation-sketches.html




Yellow Ochre with Earth/ Air/Water/Fire/Ethers…
Dandridge TN
2017



with this drawing I used Yellow and Red Ochres from the Earth near Dandridge TN as part of my French Broad River project... the markings are of a pre literate or post literate, of Asemic nature, and are soon dispersed with rain, rising Waters, and wind etc... I document them with photo and literal journaling... and release them through the next one I create and on... the meanings of these markings are primal expressions… finding my process with an alignment of myself and with the Earth’s fractal enfolding energetics... as one... as markings they are a polarity ie., pigment/ground, light/dark... they are symbolic with archetypal energetics relating to earliest humans making marks/drawings... my markings emerge intentia connecting  a consciousness and unconsciousness, individually and collectively with Love, Peace and CoCreativity with the all...



No comments:

Post a Comment