Translate This Page

Monday, February 1, 2010

Papel de Amate by Atomi peoples

Have just connected with a new friend who visits with the Atomi peoples in Mexico. A paper, Papel de Amate, I'm using in recent Weave and WeaveGround Series is made by them. The Otami, or Atomi as she spells it, don't have a written language so the spelling is at the verge of birth I guess. What an amazing space to be in. Should they even be encouraged to develop one. What occurs with their day to day culture as they do. We take so much for granted. Their culture has never been exposed to alcohol or tobacco. My friend has been in many third world cultures and she tells me she has never experienced such love. John Lennon "Imagine" comes to my mind. Did he write that down or did he just start singing it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment