Translate This Page

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

harmony with what is


Focussing on acting in harmony with what is. The Papel de Amate, Atomi paper, that I'm working with now has incredible innate beauty and character. As a painter to honor that intrinsic quality through my marking with color, allowing form and design to emerge as I work and subtly shift to a new aesthetic that expresses this relationship between myself and where the paper comes from in a respectful and loving way. Allowing the contrast of light and dark to be, and for me discovering the paintings place of balance there.
Am often reminded of how similar my painting art and healing art are. Each seeking to find that balance of aesthetic and/or healing. Tweeking with herbs, diet and lifestyle, or color, line and form to reach equilibrium with the sacred and the individual or artwork...

No comments:

Post a Comment